First Hospital is Formed
The first Trinity Hospital was the home of Dr. Mark B. Listerud's grandfather. Before that, the only facilities were three private homes used for maternity care. In 1936, the first Hospital Association was formed. The first tangible change was the purchase of the old hospital and equipment from Margaret Beddor in 1940. Then they purchased, from the Government, an airport building from Glasgow, Montana. Unfortunately, after the building was moved to Wolf Point, it was flattened by strong winds. Paul Johnson rebuilt it as good as new. The other wings were eventually moved in from Fort Peck. The completion of the 30 room, $1,000,000 unit was dedicated on October 16, 1948. Which included $35,000 in equipment to open its doors to patients.